Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8/19/08 First loose tooth!

Gabriel has a loose tooth! His first!

He didn't even know it. I was flossing his teeth tonight and noticed it right away. He asked me again and again which tooth was loose, until finally after 15 minutes he could find it himself. It's really pretty darned loose, one of the very front ones on the bottom. It's pretty exciting for me too!

I thought it might be fun to look for my high school yearbook with the photo of me with my last missing tooth. Turns out, it wasn't fun at all looking for it. And I still can't find it. All my scrapbook stuff is in boxes too, and even if I were to unpack it, I'm not sure where I could spread out and scrap. Not scrapping is starting to weigh on me. I think that's why I've been baking like crazy, as a poor, and very caloric, substitute for scrapbooking.

Later addendum: I found my yearbook! Here's my senior photo, with my last missing tooth. The new one hadn't even started growing back in yet. The gap was horribly embarrassing for a self-conscious 17-year-old high school senior.

(circa 1981)

In other tooth news, Katrina now has 4 molars, one per side and one per jaw, nicely symmetric and opposing. All bets are off for food now - she can chew steak.

Except for that toddler personality thing. She's all about bananas these days ("mana-mana-MANA-MANA??!?"), so I have to hide them before giving her dinner. Not that living on bananas is a bad thing, but just how much potassium does one baby need?

8/19/08

No comments: