Friday, January 02, 2009

1/2/09 The Organization

Spent all night organizing stuff that is a relentless PITA to organize, but is even more annoying not to be able to find when you need it.

I'm determined to have a catalog-perfect utility closet when we move back home, with everything categorized into clearly marked boxes: "tape," "glue," "string," "picture-hanging," "drywall anchors," "batteries," "shelf pegs," "nightlights," and hundreds of other such sundries. This is the sort of drudgery one should only ever have to do once a decade.

But I have an ulterior motive. Now Dave will have to go actually look for something himself, rather than asking me. "Look for the box labelled 'zip-ties'...," I'll tell him, "....under 'Z'!"

I got a Sign today. I went to the nearest Target to buy more storage boxes, and discovered empty shelves. It's closing tomorrow. It's time to go home.

1/2/09

No comments: