Monday, November 22, 2010

11/22/2010 Car Talk

Last week I was chatting with a friend who's in need of a new car (and you know who you are -- we'll all be overjoyed on your behalf when that happens!).

Well, turns out I might be in need myself. My car is in decent shape, but it's never been the best example of a Subaru, and it's always burned more oil than it should. Now it's burning more, and we've had to do a few extra unusual/extra repairs on it in my ownership, more than a tried-and-true Honda lover like me should ever have to put up with. That'd all be OK if I really liked driving it, but I really never have..

There are things I really like about it, and the main reasons I chose it remain: it has the biggest wagon space for the price, really comfortable seats (heated too!), and great visibility and mirrors. It'd be hard to go to a car with less cargo area, which rules out most small and mid-sized SUVs, which I'm not sure I want anyway. People like SUVs because of the higher viewing perspective, but I'm not crazy about the tipsy high center-of-gravity feeling I get while driving them.

Anyway, seems we're unofficially in the market for another car. Now how do I break it to my checkbook?

11/22/2010

No comments: