Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12/20/2011 Off the air

Well, it's been what, 6 months? No wait...since September.

Sigh --I've lost my voice again, this time as much as possible and still have one at all. (There was one time I completely lost my voice, like really, NO sound at all, but that's only happened once.) I remember I had to postpone a phone interview for my current job in September because I'd lost my voice then. That's only 4 months ago. Great. I never get used to not being able to mumble "thanks" to someone who holds a door or whatever, and having people whisper back to me.

I'm absorbed in a work project that I'm having so much fun with, it almost feels like I should pay them. Tonight after dinner I sat right down to write up something, and next time I looked up, it was 10:30. It's been a long time since I've been that psyched about something! Unfortunately, I need to ask some questions on the phone tomorrow, don't know how that's going to happen.

Partly because of this work project, partly because of this bronchitis (it'll turn to horrendous coughing next), partly because Gabriel is still slightly recovering from his knee injury, and largely because there's NO SNOW, I decided to postpone our short trip to the mountains this Thursday. Wah! How could this happen to me, the first winter I'm completely ready to ski all winter all if I could. Instead the low snowfall makes front-page news. To add insult to injury, there's a blizzard in New Mexico -- send it our way please! I feel bad for the ski resorts and all the surrounding businesses that depend on a busy Christmas, actually.

My consolation is finding a cabin that we can stay at for 2 nights right before New Years' next week (no easy feat; most places are booked and require 5-night minimums). For that, we don't need ski snow; the kids will be very happy to play right outside, and while I'll regret not skiing, I think I'll be happy to just hang out inside. But maybe by the 29th it'll snow!

12/20/2011

No comments: