Thursday, February 01, 2007

2/1/07 Back from Tucson


Katrina and I returned from Tucson yesterday, after an overall successful trip. The plane flights weren't too torturous, though they were a fair amount of work for me keeping baby happy at times. At one point, I lifted Katrina up so she could see all the people behind us on the plane, and I heard various giggles from grandparent-types around the plane as she looked around and surveyed her subjects. I learned something about Katrina: she's a bit of a ham! In airports, she turned on all her smiley charm and delighted everyone who looked at her.

Our main purpose was to visit Grandpa Jim of course, and this was accomplished. I wish I'd gotten more pictures, but there never seemed to be a good time or place! Once again, Katrina came through with being an adorable, outgoing, friendly, smiley and irresistable baby for the one grandparent-type that really was her grandparent. Dad and Ma'at both adored her, and how could they help it?

The day we left, we had Gabriel's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese first. I went into this with misgivings, and came out of it swearing never, ever to do anything there again. I hated it! Noisy and crowded and completely impersonal....and they didn't even have anything ready for his party when we arrived. The worst part was that there was so much blaring noise and video stuff going on that the kids really didn't interact with each other. What's the point then? I feel guilty about all the moms and dads who made the effort to attend this calamity. Next year: a small party with a few friends that Gabriel picks -- at home.

This weekend, we'll make up for it. Uncle Ronan arrives tonight, and we'll do another little family party this weekend when Gabriel opens the piles and piles of gifts he's received. I'll make a train cake, and we'll all be together -- that's what really counts.

Gabriel got a hand-knit sweater from Bonne Maman! I love the colors and the little engine design she put on it. And it'll fit him for a few years to come. Thank you Bonne Maman!

2/1/07

No comments: