Thursday, December 13, 2007

12/13/07 Early to bed

...got the crew in bed at 8:30pm, and as soon as Dave gets back from a meeting, I'm going for a long-overdue Coffee Night with my mom friends. I am SO tired tonight, barely slept again, but I'm GOING!

We got a note from Gabriel's teacher today: he's been trying to pick up other kids (reaching around behind them and bear-hugging), and been told to stop, and he's still doing it. She's asked if we can talk to him, mistakenly assuming that we have any clout with him!!

So we did talk to him tonight, and he seemed genuinely puzzled as to what it was about at first, then inexplicably and very uncharacteristically burst into tears of frustration. "OK, we're not talking about this anymore!" he choked out angrily. We didn't know what to make of it. I told him OK, we won't talk about it, but if we hear he isn't listening to his teacher again (the truly egregious offense), then he's going to get in Big Trouble. And Big Trouble means: missing trips to the BMX park. It doesn't get more serious than that.

Still waiting for that First Step from Miss Babycakes! But she was very cute tonight when I was "reading" her a book with faces on it, and I said "shh!" on the page with a sleeping baby and the words "shhh," and she repeated her version ("ssss!") whenever we came across that page. Sometimes she looks at me with such fierce concentration when she's working on a word it's unnerving.

Dave's home, I'm outta here!

12/13/07

No comments: