Thursday, February 21, 2008

2/21/08 Grumpy Girl


Katrina...grumpy, tired, hungry? Or just being Katrina again? I was surprised at how fussy she was in music class today, as she loves it. Usually she lights up and laughs or pays attention or walks around showing off, but today she was edgy and cried a lot.

Fortunately, the instruments rescued her mood for a while, and even more fortunately, after a nap at Melissa's, she was in good shape. I was worried that since I wasn't feeling well yesterday, she might follow suit. We can't handle an illness right now!

Despite my feeling new pressure at work, and missing a day yesterday, I was really glad for the forced break this morning. I love my precious hour with Katrina alone on Thursday mornings before music class, even though I spend much of it zipping about catering to her every little toddler whim, changing stinkies, rescuing her from getting beached on top of footstools. It's funny that now, getting to a 9:30 class seems so easy, whereas with Gabriel I could barely make it to a 10:30 class!

I had a fun Mom's Night Out with the 2004 group, hosted by a friend who just finished a massive move-out remodel of her home. I'm inspired and encouraged seeing a house that's actually done, especially since I saw it this summer before it was done. Now they live there, and it's not a project, it's a home. I can't imagine!

Yes I can, and I can't wait! Until it's over, that is. (Note that the Title of this post isn't just about Katrina....)

2/21/08

No comments: