Thursday, March 27, 2008

3/27/08 The setback

Last night I was up until 3am (!) -- I haven't done that in years! An old friend was visiting, we got talking, a bottle of port was sacrificed, and the next thing we knew, we were in the wee hours.

And I do mean wee hours. I hadn't woken Julian up yet, so went into the boys' room after 3am. Julian was either already awake or woke up immediately, and said, "I'm wet!" Not just him, but his blanket and pee pad and everything too. So, a little early-morning laundry, a change into emergency PJs, and back to bed he went.

But at 7am when I woke him, he was wet again! Not sure what the deal is. Of course, setbacks are to be expected. He's still leagues ahead of his stubborn brother.

Katrina had a great time tonight with her brothers' Autoblox cars. It was a little shocking, almost, to see her lying on the floor looking at the wheels, as Gabriel did that all the time when he was her age.

I gave her a bowl and a spoon to practice feeding herself tonight. She practiced all right, but spoon? Who needs a spoon?

I got my whole brood off to school early this morning again, with Julian opening Kids Inc at 7:30am. Thank goodness Melissa kindly brought Katrina home for me after Julian's ice skating class. I'm really growing to hate the driving.

Julian almost didn't go skating today, claiming he didn't want to skate, and that he'd just watch me. I humored him until he was dressed and skated up, then pretended he'd never said anything. And he did great! I'm so proud of him, he's more and more comfortable in his class. He's not the bravest or the most coordinated, but once he forgets about skating and just has fun instead, he really comes into his own. I'd like to continue skating with him next session; I just hope his whining on the way there today was an aberration.

My whining, on the other hand, is never an aberration. I'm not completely sure, but this low-grade headache and malaise I've had all day has all the earmarks of a hangover! urggh!

3/27/08

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Party animal!!! :)