Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22/08 Zapped

I had a nerve test this morning...I should have known when the doc said "these usually aren't fun." OWWWWW! About an hour of getting zapped all around my feet and legs.

And the results? Not much, mostly normal, but the "S1" nerve does seem to be irritated. That one terminates around the lower lumbar area, same neighborhood as my tricky sacro-iliac joint. I left with a pamphlet on "Herniated Lumbar Discs" and a prescription for an MRI.

I deliberately tried to aggravate this problem yesterday by going to the Y, in the hopes of making it more obvious to diagnose. The good news is that I only slightly succeeded. I definitely feel it today, but not nearly as badly as before. This after a Zumba class and then running .5 miles on the treadmill. Yay!

The Zumba class....wow. What's better than a new Zumba teacher? A new awesome Zumba teacher. And what's even better than a new awesome Zumba teacher? One who throws in some hip-hop too. And what's even better than a new awesome hip-hop Zumba teacher? One with fabulous music who cranks it! And what's even better than a new awesome hip-hop music-cranking Zumba teacher? One who hasn't been discovered yet so there are still passes available when you stumble across the class 5 minutes after it started. Unfortunately, "undiscovered" won't last long; the class LOVED her and word will spread fast. Next week, it'll be serious competition for passes. But boy, I sure had a great time.

Something unbelievable happened at work today. I actually had a good time. Yesterday, I went in and didn't talk to anyone. Today, I attended another training session, but this time, it was for something more relevant to my job, and I got to actually talk to people and interact. As hermit-like and focused as I am by nature, I do like some contact. What was I thinking, arriving at 8am when it's completely isolated, dead-quite and absolutely freezing?

When I picked up Julian today, I brought Katrina in with me, and she immediately lit up with all the kids around her, going right into the crowd and demanding some little truck. She looks so tiny compared to the other kids, and they immediately swarm her, but she's not in the least bit fazed. I forget that toddlers could be until other parents or teachers exclaim "wow, she's not at all intimidated." (She does cling to me once a week though: when we first arrive at Music Together, inexplicably.)

I still should do my due diligence about finding other childcare for her, and possibly for Julian, but inertia tugs strongly, and I really like the lady who takes care of the little ones at Julian's school. Oh, the very idea of having her and Julian only 3 minutes from home -- 10 if I walked. Walked! What a contrast to Melissa's. For me, anyway. Katrina loves Melissa. (Here she is happily reading a book there today.)


Is life turning around? A migraine held at bay yesterday by a single Prontalgine. Work actually interesting. Drastically improved childcare commute on the horizon. A major step in my back/foot troubles. And a new awesome hip-hop music-cranking Zumba teacher!

4/22/08

No comments: