Sunday, April 27, 2008

4/27/08 Girls Day

Dave took the boys to Half Moon Bay today to Pacific Coast Dream Machines, a now-annual event for us. I was sort of anxious for the boys to leave this morning so I could have Katrina all to myself all day! Finally, they left at 11am.

We didn't do much, but it was a wonderful not-doing much. I made a mecca to Trader Joe's, apprehensive because of Katrina's furious fit about being wrestled away from the backyard (oh and the offense of a diaper change too). But she was delightful, turning a major shopping trip into a fun outing together: going "zoooom!" when I'd push the cart, singing and making adorable sounds, playing peek-a-boo with people stacked up behind us at the cash register.

She fell asleep on the way back from TJ's, soundly enough that she rested her head down (and it happened to land on me), and I was able to take a photo in the mirror. This is a rare event, I had to commemorate it!

After her nap, I took her on some errands, which again she lit up into fun time together, after she got over being mad about diaper changes and having to leave the backyard.

It was a beautiful day today, we were all glad to be in T-shirts. After brothers returned, all flush and full of energy from a fun trip seeing motorcycles and helicopters, she was happy to be reunited with them, and she spent every instant out back that she could, getting coated in dirt.

The boys had a great time. I wish I could have been there too, but I'll get a lot more out of these things when not dealing with a toddler.



Why can't weekends be three days?

4/27/08

No comments: