Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09 Clean House

It made for a crazy evening last night, but we got the place picked up. Today, some very competent and diligent ladies (they always are ladies) scrubbed our house from head to toe, even making a cute little fold in the toilet paper. Some are enterprising enough to make a bow-tie out of toilet paper, or arrange stuffed animals on the kids' beds in cute ways, like putting sunglasses on a teddy bear. It's SO nice to walk into the house at the end of the day and have it be sparkling.

I still have no idea what's going on with work. A really really interesting new, but short, project I was given I finished today, minus the writeup. I still have no idea if there will be a new project to work on as a contractor, or if I'm going to be offered a job as an employee. This day-to-day -- sometimes minute-by-minute -- stuff is exactly opposite of how childcare planning works! But I plan to take most, if not all, of next week off, to prepare for Thanksgiving and try to catch up on life around the house. Somehow house life is more satisfying when my life away from the house is too.

11/16/09

No comments: