Thursday, December 31, 2009

12/31/09 New Year's Eve Day

Dave and I had a bad history for New Year's Eves, starting with our first together:

1998: Minor car accident in the city.
1999: I was on call for bogus Y2K issue, and Dave was sick.
2000: I had my first fever in 10 years, then was sick for a month.
2001: We poured a concrete platform in the basement, I was 8 months pregnant.
2002: Miscarriage.
2003: Brand-new baby, absolutely no sleep.
2004: Broke the streak...Laura and Ryan were here.

And overall New Year's Eves have been fine since, though we haven't done much on New Year's Eves since having kids. One year, we were asleep and were irritated at being woken up by some popping sounds outside, later realizing it was celebratory fireworks.

We really do get some cool aircraft flying over our house. This is a zeppelin (a rigid-frame airship made by the German company Luftschiffbau Zeppelin), not a blimp, despite their similar shapes.


I took the kids to the city today to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. We had such a great time and I took a lot of pictures, but those will have wait until tomorrow. It is New Year's Eve, after all.

Happy New Year!

12/31/09

No comments: