Tuesday, April 06, 2010

4/6/3010 To L.A.

I wish I had something fun and light to write about, but the truth is, all I can think about is Laura, my sister-in-law. A few weeks ago, she fell in the bathtub and hit her head, and got a concussion....the doctors thought. But then she was having trouble finding words and navigating rooms, so she was admitted into the hospital again, where she was diagnosed with Moyamoya Syndrome. The speculation is now that she fell in the bathtub because of a small stroke. Today Dave called me and said she was a little worse, so I told him to just go down to L.A. to see her. He flew straight away and is there now.

The syndrome is treatable with surgery and as far as we know, the prognosis is good, but it's a scary and upsetting time. Dear, sweet Laura...I couldn't have dreamed of a more wonderful sister-in-law and friend. I wish I could go see her too, but I'm telling myself that there's no urgency because she's going to be just fine.

4/6/2010

No comments: