Monday, June 28, 2010

6/28/2010 Lunch?!

I was talking with the boys over dinner about lunch, of all things. I explained to Julian that next year, he'll have lunch at school, not at the CDC. So, for instance, he won't be able to have things heated up at lunch.

"Sure he can Mom," Gabriel said. "You heat up our lunch at work, then drive to school, and drop off our heated lunches at 11:50 in the school office, they call the teacher and we go get our hot lunch."

Huh? "Are you out of your mind?" I asked him. Drive to school during my lunch hour?!

"Sure Mom. Lots of kids get hot lunch brought by their parents to the office."

I couldn't believe it. As soon as he said "...at 11:50," I knew he was serious. He was able to name 4 kids in his class who routinely went to the office to pick up a hot lunch that their parents brought for them to school.

I was stunned. Really, making a second trip to school just to bring lunch (not a forgotten lunch, but hot lunch from home). Just how far have things come?! Good grief!

Swim lesson night tonight. I gave the kids a quick dinner, and got all three to their lesson in plenty of time. All three were the first in their class to arrive, getting 3-4 minutes of private lesson time. I can safely say I am in the tiny minority of parents who manage 3 kids by myself to swim lesson -- and also in a minority whose kids are in the pool exactly on time. Not that we always pull this off, but occasionally my practice shows.

I'm not usually smitten by cute little girl things, but for some reason, Katrina in in her two-piece, goggles and ponytails is so unbelievably cute.


And it works, she gets the handsome dudes.


I sure wish swim lessons didn't spend so much time with back-floating. This just isn't something that's done much in competitive, or even recreational, swimming.


Julian sure has fun with the playtime at the end of the lesson though. Hard to tell on the video, but he has a HUGE smile and can't quit giggling!


But, sorry, no hot lunch.

6/28/2010

1 comment:

Louise said...

That's a new one on me, too. Unbelievable!