Wednesday, January 05, 2011

1/5/2010 Taking care of self

I had a dentist appointment this morning, so after dropping kids off, I took advantage of the time before and after to run some errands that feel SO good to get off my back. Then I took care of some things at home (including the most important -- a nap), then went to my regular weights class.

After that, I was really ready to work, and had a very productive afternoon, even though it was short. I love days when I feel fulfilled and optimistic and like I can handle life after all. Having some flexibility in the morning, getting a few nagging items out of the way, a nap, some exercise, then going to work and being intensely productive and able to concentrate, not slogging through exhausted, is great. This is the way it should be! It's not, but it should be.

Maybe I need more dentist's appointments.

Kids pretty good today. Boys taking to my new additional "work" item for them: emptying their lunches when they get home, not just putting them on the counter. We had some banana bread magic still lingering to keep them cool during dinner, mostly.

The clues are presenting themselves...I just need to decode them now!

ALERT to Doudna Kid Calendar fans: that IS coming! I'm working on it, but haven't had a big gush of inspiration and time coincide to make it happen. Sorry it wasn't ready before the new year!

1/5/2010

No comments: