Monday, February 14, 2011

2/14/2010 V-day

I really like that the schools have kids write parents Valentine's. Her teacher wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" at the bottom, but the rest were her words.


Julian was proud of a little poem he wrote (and printed at school I guess), part of a larger card with photos of him making kiss faces with his glorious lips. He said proudly, "Everyone else did 'Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Sugar is sweet, and so are you!', but I wrote this just for you!"


Then Gabriel showed me his monochromatic super-simple Valentine. Now I think I know why Julian made such a point of his poetic creativity.


The boys didn't pass valentine's out (Katrina did hers though, happily), but who would have noticed the Doudna boys' missing valentine's with all the crap that goes around? Good grief, I hate to be a killjoy, but can't the school ban this? They come home with bags and bags of candy, lollipops, candy necklaces and all sorts of weird junk. It's just too darned much, and creates no end of problems when they insist it's theirs and they can eat it anytime they want. They can't of course, but it's just one more thing for me to enforce.

The cards are very sweet though!

2/14/2010

No comments: