Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/11 Last Monday

My new computer arrived! It's in a box.

I'll get to it as soon as I clean up the kitchen, make 3 lunches, fill out emergency information for all 3 kids, fill out a county assessment health form for Gabriel, answer notes to two teachers, fill out a class directory form for kindergarten, sign a permission slip and another form about if I want to apply for a library card for 2nd grade, go through papers the kids brought home from school today and make sure I don't miss any notices, put a Thursday field trip on the calendar so I don't forget to send a bagged lunch, look for the kindergarten P.E. schedule and make sure Katrina wears sneakers if PE is on Tuesdays -- and then I can unbox my new computer. Thank goodness tonight is a light workload night!

My last Monday at my current company...the only place I've worked for the last 14 years, where I have many good friends and lots and lots of memories. Recent memories are really bad, but many others are good. No matter how I dice it up, there's no question that my new job is far, far better, but it's still a big change. It reminds me how I really need challenge but how real change stresses me.

I'm happy to be changing to a new computer though -- then I can edit photos again and post them to this poor image-starved blog!

9/12/11

No comments: