Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3/13/2012 On working

Some days, I muse about what it would be like if I didn't have a job.

Today I came home early, having gone to work on the principle that I'd see how I felt getting up and about, despite some very unexpected violent vomiting last night. It turned out, no, I really wasn't feeling so well and I needed to go home. Though I hated how I felt, it was nice to be home when Gabriel got home, hang with him a little, and "relax," if you can call it that.

But this morning, I learned that next week, I'll be driving to Watsonville to configure the California Strawberry Commission's wireless network. It doesn't get better than that! Totally cool! I didn't want to "relax," I wanted to write up a detailed network design so this goes absolutely smoothly.

Sometimes I wish I didn't work, but most of the time I'm so glad I do. Today happened to work out to the perfect balance: work in the morning, then home in the afternoon. Overall, I think this is a great problem to have.

I feel bad about all the time I've been taking off, but this coming weekend, we're going to Truckee for a ski weekend at Sugarbowl, since the kids have a "staff learning day" off Monday. AND IT'S SNOWING NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guilt GONE!!

Well, almost...I'll bring my work laptop with me and will probably be hammering out details, but what better place to do that than happily ensconced in the mountains!

3/13/2012

No comments: