Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2/27/13 Homework Helper

I'm not quite sure this counts as "help," but Julian sure preferred doing his homework with some company tonight.

Meantime, my company, who kept me awake purring much of last night, was happier hiding in my room.


Cats do add a bit to daily chores, but are overall very easy to take care of.

It's all the other stuff in life -- bills, changing over accounts and names, taxes, overdue holiday gifts (!! eeps!) that I'm perpetually behind in.

I learned a good lesson from an organized friend at UCLA once: get one thing done every day, even if it's a small thing (like paying one bill) and be happy with that. You'll end up getting everything done sooner than if you wait for it to pile up, because each task seems more approachable than a giant pile of them. I like that.

Tonight I packaged up some Lands' End clothes to return -- I guess that counts as my "one thing" done. Tomorrow, change a newspaper subscription -- ooh!

2/27/13

No comments: