Sunday, November 12, 2006

11/12/06 Katrina's force

I talked to Dad (my Dad, not Dave) briefly on the phone today, and he asked me how Katrina is. I found myself answering "thriving and vigorous -- a powerful life force." Dad likes descriptions like that.

But it reminded me that I'd said the very same thing the day I found out I was pregnant with her, since the physical effects on me were so intense. I felt from the beginning that the baby was a force to be reckoned with, powerfully alive.

And now, sure enough, this baby bursts with vitality and energy. Not always to my advantage! Is she going to be a "force of nature" too, as I've often described her oldest brother? Oh please, only one!

I had a fun time tonight attempting to entertain all three kids. I put fussy Katrina on a Boppy and blasted some music and danced in the living room. (I can dance again, hooray!! I'm horribly out of shape, but I can move again!) This calmed baby for two songs, and Gabriel and Julian found it funny. AC/DC's "Hells Bells" funny? OK, whatever. I had fun, anyway.

The boys lost their Thomas video tonight. That's the first time we've ever really taken it away. There's not much to take away; all they get is one half-hour Thomas program once a week. A few days ago, they got in huge trouble for throwing toys over a neighbor's fence. I made Gabriel apologize to the neighbor and promise not to do it again.

That didn't sink in. This morning, Dave caught them throwing rocks over another neighbor's fence. That was really, really bad. They had a slim chance for redemption tonight if they cleaned up the family room without constant prodding, but failed completely. Of course, they're deeply remorseful when they realize the consequence, but it fails to change their behavior.

No photos today. Dave and I worked hard this evening to clear out the boys rooms, move their beds into our new bedroom, and get everything off the carpet -- which is coming out tomorrow. Thursday this week, the new floor should go in. More progress!

And tonight, the boys are sharing a room for the first night of the rest of their childhoods.

11/12/06

No comments: