Wednesday, October 31, 2007

10/31/07 All Halloween

Whew...it's done! And a rousing success, if exhausting.

Halloween was packed with parties, costumes and pizza this year. I've lost count of how many times I helped the boys with their costumes! And today was no different. Gabriel's school put all the kindergartners on the AM schedule, and had a big Halloween day. Then in the afternoon, we went to a Halloween party at Dave's company, complete with jumphouses, face-painters and skits. And tonight, of course, trick-or-treating. Or, around here, known as the Annual Meeting Of The Neighbors. We've had at least 3 new neighbors that I know about, and haven't met any of them, until tonight when I met one of them.

Julian let me do a little more clown face-painting today, though I couldn't dissaude him from a brown nose. We were going to a company party after all! Katrina was screeching and impossible at the party, until I pulled her out of the stroller and let her try to push it around. Then she made the same exact sounds, only this time, they were happy ones. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.


Julian was surprisingly enthusiastic about the bounce house at Dave's party, even when Gabriel tackled and pinned him numerous times.


Gabriel's interpretation of a beanbag toss. He seems to think he's the beanbag. And Katrina got her first chocolate tonight. She applauded!


The Halloween family!


To top off all the fun festivities, today, after 16 despairing days, the most persistent migraine I've ever had in my life finally gave way to the characteristic burst of energy and insomnia that marks the end. Or pause. The odds are very high that another one will strike before another 16 days has elapsed. I hope I have enough good headache-free days to build up some emotional reserves before that happens. Today counted for a lot.

10/31/07

No comments: