Monday, January 21, 2008

1/21/08 One - count'em - one - pickup!

Today, ALL THREE went to Melissa's. I dropped off ALL THREE in ONE PLACE, then later, picked up ALL THREE from ONE PLACE. Ah, a taste of what life could be! It was Martin Luther King day, and even Kids Inc was closed, but of course, life goes on in the world of corporate high-tech, so I went to work.

There's a Y about 3 minute from Melissa's, and it's in the group of 6 or so that I can use with my membership, so I went there this morning to get in a little workout before work. I'm not sure this works so well; I have to take a shower afterward, and I'm sleepy and tired all day. Exercise wakes me up later in the day, but not in the dreaded morning! Still, it's nice to have it all over with, and by the time I'm done, traffic has died down and I can get way the heck to the other side of San Jose without too much traffic impediment.

Rainy, windy, cold day today. And poor Melissa, stuck inside with my three! But they all did great. I'd told her to let loose the movies and videos; a rainy day off is the time for that (folks are generally reluctant to do so with kids they know don't watch a lot of TV at home, so I assured her: go for it!). Melissa said Katrina was very feisty and demanding today, and I said, "today?" A lot of it is that she wants to walk, but won't do it herself. And, she's very possessive of certain toys she's come to think of as her own at Melissa's; she protects her property with a shriek reminiscent of a car alarm if heaven forbid a brother comes over to investigate. But she throws the same energy into a giggle fit too, so it balances out.

Back to the grind tomorrow. It's not so bad now, actually. At least, it seems like that today when I only had one -- ONE! -- pickup.

1/21/08

No comments: