Thursday, January 24, 2008

1/24/08 Peer influence?

Gabriel declared today he no longer wanted sandwiches for lunch. "OK, what would you like?" I asked. "Rice!" he answered.

I picked up Katrina from Tonya's today, and got to talk to her briefly. Or tried through Katrina's screeching. But, Tonya would have none of it: "uh-uh, not OK, nooo screaming." To my amazement, Katrina indeed did stop, and started to pout and cry. OK, I guess it's not too soon to start introducing gentle directions! It didn't last long, but she did respond.

More walking today -- more crawling, and more screaming to be walked, but definitely getting a little more confident. Here's another common thing I'm told that's not true for any of my babies: "Once they start walking, that's it, they're done with crawling within a few days!" Oh, if only. The transition for us has never been less than 6 weeks!

Coffee, cheesecake and chit-chat with friends tonight!

1/24/08

No comments: