Wednesday, May 07, 2008

5/7/08 The stroller

Melissa had stepped out when I arrived unexpectedly early this morning to drop off Katrina...so I had a few minutes to play with her outside. Of course, she would have nothing to do with me when she found this stroller to push around.

We get bid #2 tomorrow! This remodel might actually happen. My mom asked if I'd talked to the boys much about moving out yet, and asked if they might be scared or upset by it. That hadn't even occurred to me, but then, I'm not known for my accurate predictions.

So I brought it up with Gabriel tonight, and told him we will have to look for another house to live in for a while, while the "carpenters" fix our house. "Oh cool!" he said, "let's look now!" Julian said he wants to paint our house "rainbow." Yeah, somehow I didn't think they'd be scared!

Tonight I was play-chasing a naked and giggly Katrina before taking her up for a bath, when suddenly it felt like I'd stepped in a bowl of Jello and my footing was squishy. No, it's not what you think -- I inspected my shoe and found nothing. As I stood upright, again it felt like I was on Jello footing, then it felt like I'd suddenly been shifted sideways by a few inches. As I caught my balance, I realized that this was just another migraine moment. This is the sort of weird altered perception that happens all the time with a headache -- this particular incident was different only in that it was distinct enough to describe. Day 9 of a 3-out-of-10 headache.

This is no time not to be able to think straight -- or else our house just might end up being rainbow!

5/7/08

No comments: