Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6/18/08 Yarn crafts

This morning I found a long crocheted chain, made with the yarn Gabriel picked from Michael's the other day.

I taught my son to knit tonight. I never thought I'd say that, but I'm delighted, and so is he. It's been a long time for me too, but once my brain set free, my fingers knew exactly what to do. It's much harder for him than crocheting, but he's having a great time with it.

Julian is very envious, so I spent some time with him tonight finger-weaving, which is how Gabriel got started. I don't actually know how to finger-weave, but it didn't take long to realize that Julian mostly needed my one-on-one attention, not the yellow yarn.

My tiny tyrant tonight absolutely refused to feed herself -- I had to spoon-feed her. Yesterday she would have been horribly offended by that, today she insisted on it. Argh! Toddlers! Well, the upside was that her dinner went much faster and I didn't have to spend 5 minutes on my hands and knees scrubbing away the aftermath.

I went running today with someone else at work during lunchtime. He's just six weeks older than I am, and has a brand-new baby in his life....his granddaughter.

Overwhelmed with preparation for our upcoming trip East, a monster application form for a pension for my Dad, finish selection for the remodel. Yet all I seem to achieve is gridlock!

6/18/08

No comments: