Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8/27/08 Welcome Back Parents

Collins held a "Welcome Back Parents" night tonight. After work, meeting with our kitchen designer, returning something at REI, picking up all 3 kids, making dinner and staggering from what I fear is the onset of a migraine, I blew it off. Next week is a "Back to School Night" in the classrooms anyway, in which we meet the teacher and get a tour of the classroom. That's far more important. I just couldn't do it two weeks in a row.

Besides, I really felt the need to exercise tonight, and managed to sneak in a 28-minute swim. Not much, but I feel much better.

Julian really really wants to know how the Tooth Fairy knows a child has lost a tooth. "Do you call her on her cell phone?" he asked, so sincerely I didn't have the heart to lie to him. But I can't break the truth to him either! Especially not when Gabriel got a dollar in the special little tooth pillow. I'm running out of ways to put him off. "She just knows."

Besides, no one can prove or disprove the existence of the tooth fairy anymore than we can God....for all we know, there really is a tooth fairy. I'm not enough of a person of faith to discount that possibility.

8/27/08

No comments: