Friday, November 14, 2008

11/14/08 Market Day

I had an odd 35-minute slice of time to use Friday morning, after dropping the bunch off and before our jobsite meeting. So I stopped by a nearby farmer's market, one I've been to once before but didn't have much time to look around. I really like the sense of hearkening back to a simpler time, in which everything is fresh, out for you to see, straight from the farm to a market. I don't know if farmer's market shopping is really greener, fresher, healthier, or cheaper, but it's far more pleasant and fun than Safeway -- even if this quaint scene is re-created in a mall parking lot right next to a major Interstate. After all, it is Silicon Valley.


My mission turned from food to photography though, as I found many delicious photo-ops.






I still bought a lot though, partly out of guilt from standing there taking pictures and feeling like I should buy something. This is 3 minutes from home -- our real home. I should do this every Friday morning!

I bring the construction crew fresh-baked goodies every week. Today it was banana-apple butter muffins. They were gone in minutes.

Sleepover tonight! Kids are all at Tonya's. Dave and I went out to a wonderful dinner at our new favorite going-out-to-dinner restaurant and actually had conversations!

11/14/08

No comments: