Saturday, November 29, 2008

11/29/08 Recovery

Whew, did I say I'd post photos of Thanksgiving? Well, here's a few. Playing handball with Uncle Ryan on a semi-stormy day. I love the mountain in the background.

You can juuust make out a blue ball that Julian just threw.

(Mom's perogative here, sorry....he's just sooo cute!)


The best (I'm sorry to say) photo I got of everyone as we sat down to dinner.

Ah, I hope I never recover from the glow of a great visit!

But this cold I could do without. So far this is the usual bronchitis/cold that I get and that takes weeks to recover from, but this one is pretty mild. Mild enough that I took Julian and Katrina to the Y this morning for a half-hearted workout, then snoozed in the afternoon. I just don't have time to get sick.

We watched a movie tonight together, which is noteworthy because it's the first time we've watched a movie at home since moving here last June. It was a French 1956 Oscar-winner movie called "The Red Balloon," only 35 minutes long, that I vaguely remember seeing as a kid. Though it was subtitled, there were only 3 or 4 spoken lines and you could easily infer the meaning from the video, so kids can watch it without needing much translation or subtitle-reading. But Dave and I wanted to see it too.

To our surprise, Gabriel remembered the story, he said from a "book in preschool." And to my delight, both boys loved the story and the movie, and wanted to talk all about it afterward. It's so simple, a drastic contrast from all the bright flashy sound effects and visuals and sophisticated animation in "Wall-E." But it struck a deep chord with them. (Katrina just wanted to bounce around and show off for her captive audience.)

It sounds crazy, and very unlikely, but I sorta hope it rains tomorrow. I'd like the excuse to lie around all day!

11/29/08

No comments: