Thursday, September 17, 2009

9/17/09 The Cycle

Whew...tired tonight after a day of headaches and up late chatting over cheesecake and coffee.

Good stuff though -- and, this morning I got the all-clear from my new back doctor to go ahead and live life. Today he said to do what I would like to do, and he'll be ready when my back freaks out again. "Even spinning?" I asked cautiously, trying not to get too excited. "Sure, I see no reason why not." Ooh boy!

For years I haven't dared do anything cycling-like until I have a medical team in place ... and now I do. Ironically, the same thing that let me finally see a doctor is also what's now restoring my back health: time. Time off on Tuesdays and Thursdays to see doctors, and more importantly, time not sitting perched on a chair for consecutive days. My Tuesdays and Thursdays "off" have done even more for my back than they have for my psyche.

This is a fun way to get into the car: a choo-choo-train.


9/17/09

No comments: