Monday, December 14, 2009

12/14/09 Busy Monday

I haven't done this in a long time, and it's great. I zipped off to work as early as I could get there today, about 8:05, and pretty much didn't stop working until I absolutely had to leave at 4:40. This is my LAST week as a contractor, and I'm determined to wrap up this testing project and leave it complete and well-documented. But the truth is, it's fun. I know exactly what I need to do, and I enter the lab with a clear plan in my head for the next 10 steps, knowing exactly what sequence to do things in and exactly what the plan is. I sure wish I had that same vision for interior decorating. Home projects like landscaping and doing the family room have fallen by the wayside.

But, not to worry -- next week, I'll go in to work once just to turn in my laptop and badge, and then that's it. I start looking for a full-time job -- but not until after two weeks at home, catching up with home projects and just being at home with my increasingly enjoyable little brood. Julian especially has been delightful lately -- actually, he's always delightful, but lately he's not been disguising that with obnoxious resistance or rudeness. (Unfortunately Gabriel's been taking up the slack in that department.) I still have very little room for Katrina's impossible tantrums and impasses, but while they're still daily, they are tapering off a little.

I'm looking forward to having some real time at home with them soon. After an intense week this week that is.

12/14/09

No comments: