Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3/30/2011 Soccer mom

Today was proving to be my most challenging day as a single parent -- Gabriel had soccer practice 5pm-6:30pm, and this was also the final night for him to practice his poetry book report. If he didn't do all his homework at the CDC after school, we'd be screwed.

Fortunately, Gabriel did do all his homework at the CDC. And fortunately, our previous practice with the poetry report made our practice pretty easy.

That's about all good I have to say about the evening. It was still a ton of work and running around, including when Gabriel left his backpack behind at the CDC and I had to go back to get it.

And then, soccer practice ran over, as it always seems to. I've been advised by parents who know, that you just pull your kid out if it runs late, too bad. That's a lot harder when your kid is the only goalie! Katrina and I waited, and mercifully Gabriel's scrimmage ended around 6:45.

I was dismayed to see that he wasn't running constantly like the other kids (goalies wait a lot), but he made some pretty good saves, despite being the shortest kid out there, and he seems to think goalie is a spot of privilege. The coach lined all the boys up afterward in height order, to hand out jerseys, and Gabriel was indeed the shortest. Not that he cares or notices.

Gabriel in his new soccer jersey.


Now Katrina says she wants to do soccer, and tried to show me how well she runs.


I'm SO ready for this day to end, but I need to get to work.

3/30/2011

No comments: