Monday, May 23, 2011

5/23/2011 Gardening Day

My hands are sore!! I need an electric pruner -- do those exist? I attempted to bring our landscaping under control on Sundat, but all that snip-snip has made my thumb muscles exhausted and worn out my already-fragile wrist from repetitive stress syndrome. And I only whacked back a tiny portion of our fast-overgrowing yard!

Seeing how some plants grow out of control, while other pretty little ones are so well-behaved, makes me want to revamp our entire garden. Some plants just don't belong here; but many spots need more of the well-behaved ones.

In any case, it was great fun to garden with Julian, who picked up all my scraps and smooshed them into the rapidly-filling yard-waste can. He really was a help! I cut a LOT and he totally took care of it. That's what sons are FOR.

And we need some of Julian's favorite -- sticky monkey flower!

5/23/2011

No comments: