Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/27/11 Conference in S.F.

Usually I love professional conferences, but this one was something of a snoozer. Still, I get a lot out of them and today was no exception. This conference had a "marketing" track and a "technical" track and to my amazement, the marketing track was much more interesting and pretty technical too. It got me excited about my work again, reminded me of how much is out there, how much I can do and contribute to my field -- I don't have to be oppressed by a hostile insecure manager who wants to keep me down and drive me out.

And nothing is more uplifting than a nice walk at lunchtime -- especially when you're in the Nob Hill section of San Francisco! Though I've lived in California for over 20 years, I really have only been to the city a handful of times, so I'm still in tourist mode here.

The fog had lifted, though a chilly wind reminded pedestrians of where they were, which in my case was at a nice summit with views of water on either side. I walked around the neighborhoods and took random pictures of interesting things. I'd say "stroll" but in San Francisco there's a whole lot of huffing uphill that makes it just not a stroll.





Standard architects will tell you that windows on a floor are all supposed to be at the same level -- obviously this house was built by a contrarian!


We were all coldy instructed to be back in the office tomorrow (the conference goes on for one more day), so it's back to the coal mines. But two days in the city goes a long way toward spirit revival!

7/27/11

No comments: