Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/29/11 Back on the air

If you insist on running a Microsoft operating system:

Stop using Internet Explorer.
Always run anti-virus software.
Keep it updated.

Lesson learned!!

I have my computer back, de-virused and with numerous free anti-virus software packages installed. My Internet Explorer browser works again (though now I'll try living with Firefox again), and even the screwy time has been reset!

When I described my plight to someone at work, and that my computer was once again in the hands of my anti-virus guy, he said, "You have an 'anti-virus' guy?!" Somehow I attract these things so much that now I have an anti-virus guy. And thank goodness for that.

It'll take a few more days to get everything set up, and suddenly things at work have gotten busy (it's like that -- feast or famine), but I think I'm finally on an uptick -- at least computationally.

11/29/11

No comments: