Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/17/2012 School-Tuesday Night

This is for real now! No more holidays, trips to NYC, or MLK days. Tonight was as regular a Tuesday night as it gets, which means Dave goes to Tuesday dinner, Julian goes to Kung Fu, and I have to figure out what won't bore everybody to death for lunch tomorrow, no one does their homework or hangs up their jacket.

I've been doing a long training class at work, which I really like, but it sure drags the day out. I'm ready for a good crisis!!

Katrina was patient tonight before her bath, while I was downstairs wrapping up a quick email message and she was ready for her "jets" bath (a treat: I let her take a bath in my usually-kid-free bath with jets). She reminded me a few times, calling from the top of the steps, "Come ON Mom!" After 4 or 5 times of this, she'd had enough and called down, "Mom, get your butt UP HERE!!!"

For non-Facebook readers, I also had an awful episode in which a bad taste in my mouth caused me to seek out our small sample bottles of kid-anti-cavity-mouthwash. It's bubble-gum flavored after all, and that was better than what I had. The bottle was almost empty, so I downed its contents -- then realized, this is not mouthwash, it's liquid SOAP!!! GAHHHHH!!!! Julian must have tried to refill the bottle.

But as gross as it was, I made the most of it -- what story could make little boys laugh harder?? I told it again and again, with animation and gestures and faces and grasping my throat with my hands as it to choke from the foul taste. They ate it up, they thought it was HILARIOUS. Gabriel as new respect for his little brother now.

But she was very sweet at dinner: "Mom, you're the best mom ever!!" Though her sentiment can change rapidly, I accepted the moment.

1/17/2012

No comments: