Friday, January 27, 2012

1/27/2012 Figure Skating

Tonight I met my friend Beth, her daughter Emma and a friend of hers, and took Julian and Katrina to see the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships! Beth is a longtime friend who I used to watch the U.S. Nationals together on TV, so it seemed fitting.

Tonight at HP Pavilion (formerly known as San Jose Arena, where the Sharks play), we saw the Men's Short Program. (I didn't choose, because I got the tickets free through work.) Katrina was so-so on it, but Julian was all over it! And of course my friend's little girls.

We all delighted in seeing Jeremy Abbott sail to a clear win -- even though the 4th-place competitor's father was sitting right next to us as we chatted a lot -- and look forward to the long program! (Which hopefully isn't this weekend, because The Plan is to drive to Bear Valley tomorrow.)

1/27/2012

No comments: