Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/31/2012 The Cereal Box Report

I've been joyfully uninvolved in the 4th-grade reports and projects so far -- to me, this is the way it should be!

That doesn't mean I don't expect good work from them. Gabriel's teacher agreed to Gabriel doing an extra report on the WWII B-24 Liberator bombers, and presenting it to his class -- a project I made up so that he doesn't think riding on one of these historic planes is just a joy ride. So I'm not completely lame.

And, thanks to Gabriel's 4th grade teacher, I kind of can be lame. The kids get to do some pretty fun projects, and without us!! The "Cereal Box Project" is always popular, and would make the anti-worksheet granola crowd happy too :)

Gabriel's teacher explains in a newsletter:

We also recently introduced a big book report project, the Cereal Box book report. Students are to design a cereal box based on a book they read as well as make a commercial in class to sell their cereal. This project has many steps, but we will be working on it in class a lot so as to make it as independent of a project as possible. The cereal box book report is always a favorite project for students and teachers alike!

Phooey to school, my head is still in Bear Valley!

1/31/2012

p.s. I finally finished and ordered my calendar -- should be arriving in your mailboxes soon!

No comments: