Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/12 A step to suspension

Julian's teacher told us today in email that Julian had a disciplinary note to take home -- but we didn't realize until we saw it that it's an "official" form -- one step away from suspension. As usual, it's from an act that is at its core benign, but risky, obnoxious and unacceptable. This time, he was waving a pencil in a kid's face and calling it a knife. His explanation was that it was a Kung Fu knife. Great, because he's got a belt test Saturday, and if he moves up to Purple belt, then he'll start work with a dagger. I can't wait to explain that to the school.

I should be writing about our last incredible day of skiing this week -- which I think will be the last of the season unless I manage somehow to squeeze in one more. It is spring now, after all! But I'm glad -- mostly -- that this coming weekend, we have no plans to go anywhere -- in fact, I have plans not to go anywhere.

3/22/12

No comments: