Sunday, March 25, 2012

3/25/12 Trees!

I met with our new landscaper today to do a design review -- and on the spot said let's go ahead! So she started right away! This meant taking out two diseased trees that have been weighing on me for years.

Before.

After.

It sure looks bare now, but we have grand plans for much better screening plants.

Katrina was pretty sad about the trees getting cut down though.

She didn't even notice that the plastic playhouse was gone. She got over it though -- and we'll be getting lots and lots of new plants. A few new plants were planted today too, but they're small!. It'll take a while for the new landscape to mature.

I had a great time this weekend with Gabriel, doing something fun for work: heatmapping. That is, using free tools to scan for wi-fi networks, and plot points in our house to see where the signals are strong. Gabriel walked all around the house with a laptop, clicking points on a map when he arrived there, then looking at the colors to show where signals were strong and weak. What better thing to keep a geeky kid busy for an afternoon?!

The glow from our great ski weekend has almost worn off unfortunately and it hasn't even been a week. I haven't finished uploading photos or videos or even putting our ski stuff away! I don't see how we'll get back up to the mountains before ski season turns to "spring skiing" -- and I did enough of that during the winter already, so I think it's time to shift my mind from winter to spring for good.

3/25/2012

No comments: