Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12 Postponing Halloween?

I should be posting about costumes and candy and parades, regular Halloween stuff. But the more I see in the newspapers about Hurricane Sandy's devastation, the less I can think about that stuff.

It's amazing what's happened on the East Coast, and how many people lost their lives doing ordinary things that my mother could easily have been doing. I haven't been able to contact my Mom for a few days (hi Mom, if you're finally able to read this!), though my brother tells me via texts that she's fine (and thank goodness for him!). Still, I know this is a stressful and scary experience for her and Papa Paul, and I wish I could be there.

And then the governor of New Jersey postponed Halloween! The final straw!

Anyway, just so you East Coasters out there know: I'm thinking about you constantly. Costume and school-parade photos of kids will have to wait, I'm afraid.

10/31/12

No comments: