Saturday, March 17, 2007

3/17/07 Three birds with one stone

Dave took the boys to Supercuts today for a haircut after Gabriel's gymnastics.

Julian came back with a variation of the bowl cut, about all you can do with his hair, but Gabriel came back with some stylin'!

I used to think this was dumb, but frankly, it's so cute and so funny I don't mind at all. And tomorrow the gel will be gone anyway.

Today I found a way to accomplish three things at once: 1) exercise; 2) give Dave a break after dealing with the boys all morning; and 3) pick up lunch! I took Julian and Katrina in the double jogging stroller and ran most of the way to and from Subway. Not the most pleasant of trips along busy Homestead Road, but it accomplished all three goals handily.

Back home, I parked the jogging stroller, then noticed its juxtaposition next to my beloved old BMW R65. My old life right next to my new life. If someone had told me 10 years ago that I'd be parking a double jogging stroller next to this bike, with two of my three children in it, I'd have said "No WAY!" (Not to mention if they'd told me who their father would be...!)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3/17/07

No comments: