Wednesday, November 21, 2007

11/21/07 The half-day

This Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I always liked to have a half-day, though I'm not quite sure what that means when you're an hourly-paid contractor who has to work weeks just to pay for childcare...and what that means when there are three kids at home!

I compromised and went into work for 2-1/2 hours on Wednesday morning, then came home at 10:30am and had some time to myself before picking Gabriel and Katrina up from Melissa's at 1pm. Wow, that little bit of time to myself sure takes the edge off the Mad Scramble. Not to mention, all the time I spend driving turns into real cost when it means I could be working instead.

Anyway, I had a nice afternoon with Gabriel and Katrina, and spent a lot of time preparing all the food I was bringing to our potluck Thanksgiving. Dave came home early too, and brought Julian home from Kids Inc, so we were all home early. Julian brought home an Indian costume he made, and was very proud of wearing. He was being very cute, which I'm sorry to say happens less and less these days. God, I am so done with 3!

You'd think after spending all that time in the kitchen and having everyone home early that I'd have a bang-up dinner ready, but no, it was pizza for the boys and take-out Chinese for the Dad. Just ramping up for the Big Gorge tomorrow!

11/21/07

No comments: