Thursday, March 06, 2008

3/6/08 The Fun Thursday

I like my Thursdays. Especially the part where I blow off work twice.

Music class is really fun. It's fun for me anyway, but even more fun since Katrina really loves it. The first half of the class, she "sits" on my lap (sort of), then the second half she gets up and walks around a lot, "dancing," and today saying "yayyy!" a lot. Now when the teacher brings a bag back out to put away sticks or eggs, Katrina heads right over to make her contribution.


Then, skating. Such a treat to spend time alone with Julian, and he really enjoys it too. During practice time before his lesson, he seemed like he'd gone backward, being almost timid and doing a lot of hands-on-knees to prevent falling. I'm glad he has a class without me, because then he tries a lot harder, and does much better without thinking I'll be there to rescue him.

Today his class had to skate all the way across the short end of the rink. And he did!


Looking at it now, he's actually doing pretty well! He listens and takes instruction well, and is clearly improving in his class. And perhaps because he's not an obvious natural athletic talent, I'm especially proud of him.

A major black cloud on the day was again feeling unbearably, relentlessly, irrationally tired and sleepy and....wait, did I say irrationally sleepy? Like, violently tired? Bzz, that's a flag. Happily in the past 4 months this has been a fairly infrequent occurrence, but I daresay I'm fighting off a migraine. The pressure, the strange perceptions, the sounds in my ears...that's all migraine stuff. Plus a minor headache. The actual pain hasn't hit hard yet, but all the surrounding elements make for a very uncomfortable day.

Which, thanks to delightful activities with my children, I'll remember as a really good one.

3/6/08 (happy 75th birthday grandpa Jim!)

No comments: