Friday, October 10, 2008

10/10/08 The Doll

Jobsite meeting today. We decided earlier this week to move a doorway into a guest room, and it's been reframed and looks great. Now you can see through the new doorway, through an arched entryway, down a hall, and straight through to the original old swinging door (on the left). It's a terrific improvement and is going to make that whole space wonderful to move around in.


Siding's going up!


Windows are all in too.

We got a lot straightened out today, I'm glad.

Last night's project was decorating cupcakes for a little birthday celebration for Katrina at Tonya's. I made the cupcakes from a mix -- horrors! I haven't done that in a long time, and I really didn't like it. My standards have gone way up. I did make the frosting, and made liberal use of my box of sprinkles and candies to decorate. This was a lot of fun.


Katrina cried at first when I arrived at Tonya's and we wouldn't let her get her shoes to leave, but she got over it when she realized that cake is involved.



Then Tonya gave her a present -- a doll! Her first doll! Silly boy-mom-me, this hadn't ever occurred to me. Tonya, having three daughters, knows better.


Katrina loves it, and calls it "my baby." At home, she sat the doll down on a chair next to her at the table, and talked to it, and to me. I'm seeing all sorts of typical girl-behavior emerging now -- it's very cute, but it still makes me nervous!

I was invited this evening to enter the Lego-building world by Gabriel, quite an honor. The boys really enjoyed having me sit with them, ask them questions, and build my own little dune buggy, and asked if I would "build Legos" again with them tomorrow. So sweet! Building Legos is much more my speed than tea parties, but it seems I'm in for both, and I'm happy about that.

10/10/08

No comments: