Friday, December 11, 2009

12/11/09 Finding the spirit

An extremely busy intense day at work today for me. I like my new project so much that I wasn't about to waste one moment of precious time today. I love the concentration, the thinking, putting things together, making them work, and then writing it up as simply as possible. I won't be network engineering all my life, but there's a reason I did it as long as I have: I really really like it.

But the fun had to end, and I was wrenched back to another part of my life tonight. Three mom friends came over to help set up for the holiday party here tomorrow, which I've looked forward to but my mind has just too full with other things to have a chance to get excited about it yet. But tonight was a lot of fun, and a truly welcome diversion to bring me back to what also really matters in my life.

And look how nice my house looks when other people decorate it!



No one is happier about Christmas lights than Katrina though.


Every day she asks me, "Mommy, is today Christmas?"

She's going to love tomorrow! And so am I.

12/11/09

No comments: