Monday, February 01, 2010

2/1/2010 First day of work

Back to work! Actually, the day was rather anticlimactic, since I already know everyone. Mostly, I spent the day cleaning out my cubicle and setting up my laptop.

Workplaces have become very very paranoid about sickness -- there are hand-sanitizing stations all over the place, and people acted awkward about handshakes -- so my persistent cough seems very antisocial. But this cough will last for weeks, I can't stay home that long. It's not like I have a cold. The paranoia about disturbing people, and the difficulty in talking more than a few sentences without my voice cutting out and bursting into a fresh fit of coughs, complicated the day.

Fortunately we've become well-practiced at our routine, so getting dinner on the table close to on time (6:15), and getting kids to bed on time (lights off 8:00 without fail!) went pretty smoothly.

Still, I have no idea how I'm going to keep momentum on any other projects I have going, like landscaping or some photo and framing projects. But if motherhood has taught me anything, it's that you keep learning and getting better at the juggle. I'll dig even deeper and find time for the rest of my life, somehow.

2/1/2010

No comments: