Sunday, January 31, 2010

1/31/2010 Housework Sunday

I said I'd write about Gabriel's party yesterday, though it's so out of my head already it's hard to get back into it. Very low-key, very entertaining for the kids, and with the time and people constraints, made for a very easy party.


They did gymnastics with Coach Gary (many of us knew him when he taught at the Cupertino Parks & Rec) for 45 minutes, then 45 minutes of party time.

The gymnastics was fun -- we had the whole place to ourselves, and the boys got to try some new equipment, including a 40-foot "tumble track" (trampoline. They loved that. First, a walk-through all the equipment, then the tumble track.





After the gymnastics part, Gabriel opened his gifts. He got some truly cool stuff he's looking forward to playing with at home. Meanwhile, the other boys took any object that could possibly be distorted to look like a gun to shoot it at each other (like a birthday hat)

Then, cake time. Or rather, cupcakes diguised to look like a cake. This saves the need for serving and eating utensils, though a spoon or two would have been handy.






A great group, a great size, a nice place -- So far we've scored best on the gymnastics parties!

Today, however, not so much fun. I'm starting my job tomorrow, nerve-wracking enough by itself. I have so so much I want to get done at home, but I'll have to figure out how else to do it.

One good thing came out of my absence last week: Dave had to get the boys to help sort their jeans after they came out of the wash, because he can't tell whose is whose. Then he had the boys fold their jeans and put them again. HMMM!! We're onto something here! Tonight I showed the boys how to sort their jeans (they claimed they didn't know), how to fold so it fits in the closet right, and then we moved on to shirts. There will come a day when they're all doing their OWN laundry!

Helping the boys help me fold laundry was the only good thing I have to say about running 127,000 loads today.

1/31/2010

No comments: