Friday, February 19, 2010

2/19/2010 3's the charm

3 weeks done! I figured it would take 3 weeks to adjust to my new employment status. And many routines are in place, but we got a pass on this 3rd week, since the kids didn't have school.

I'm finding one of the biggest downsides to working is my greatly diminished enthusiasm to leave home. It used to be I needed to get away, now I need to be home. I just remembered, for instance, that I reserved a camping trip for Memorial Day weekend -- I'm only glad about that now, instead of jumping-for-joy ecstatic. Which I will be when the time comes, but any additional logistics feels crushing right now.

I signed a contract with the landscaper today though...!! Demolition starts next week. It will take at least 10 weeks (probably more, these things always do), but I'm very very excited about the idea of finally not having a major project glaring at me every time I pull into the driveway, for the first time in over 10 years. And unlike the interior of a house, the landscape can get better as it matures. I also worked out a space designated for a playset with the landscape designer today too. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to that!

And now, I need to put PJs on, get a glass of port, and watch the Winter Olympics commercials with the kids for a while. 3's the charm, after all.


Katrina likes watching the "skeeting."

2/19/2010

No comments: