Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5/15/07 Gabriel rides a two-wheeler

Gabriel totally gets riding his bicycle without training wheels!

He made a huge leap today. At first, I was giving him a push to get him started, then he'd pedal a few yards, then put his feet down to stop Fred-Flintstone-style. But Katrina was napping and I had things to do in the house, so guiltily left him to his own devices.

Next thing I knew, he was riding laps around the backyard:


He had one big crash that I didn't see. It must have been bad, since he came inside crying hard. That's very unlike him. In fact, earlier in the day, he'd crashed a tricycle and got a nice scrape on his arm, and came in to inform me matter-of-factly that he needed a band-aid. The bicycle crash must have scared him pretty good. I hope so, because I don't see a whole lot of healthy fear with the bicycle at the moment!

Katrina: DAY 8 of body-covering hives!! But we didn't skip her make-up swim lesson. The hives have slowed down considerably, but see for yourself what "slowed down" means. These photos were taken at a fairly calm hive moment; they pick up after she's been eating, in water, crying, or sometimes after waking up.







She wasn't crazy about the swim class again, though did fine in playtime. The week off really shows, especially on this once-a-week swim class schedule. The twice-a-week-for-three-weeks schedule worked well for the boys, I think. Learn by immersion (hah). Sink or swim (hah hah).

Katrina woke up at 5:30am today, her first wakeup. She needed attention: a leg was caught in the crib slats, and she had a big poop. But mercifully, she went back to sleep until 8:00AM! after nursing. What a difference that makes to my whole day! And hers -- she took two 2-hour naps today. And was happy all day. Now that's more like it, baby!

I still can't believe it. My little boy...riding a bicycle, going to kindergarten. He's really growing up! (note to self: this isn't the time to complain about the lack of night-training....)

5/15/07


No comments: