Wednesday, March 19, 2008

3/19/08 Nothing!

Last night, I ran 1/2 mile on the treadmill. And today, my ankles felt....nothing!! I'm trying not to get too excited. I've entered the Big Bunny Fun Run this weekend, the 5K that started it all last year, ankles be damned. Ironically, I was in better shape to run 5K last year than I am this one -- and I'm not talking about the ankles! The extra 5 lbs or so I'm carrying doesn't help.

Julian keeps asking who the Katrina is we keep hearing mentioned on the radio. "Does she live in Norlans?" I told the boys the whole story about hurricanes and naming them, but Julian still wants to know if Katrina's house is still there.

My brother turned up the most remarkable video on YouTube today: Vintage Sesame Street - Squares. Remarkable to us, because my sister, brother and I recorded voiceovers for this animation, and its companion Circles and Triangles as well. I can't say exactly what year, but my brother was old enough to talk but not old enough to talk well, so he'd have been about 3, so, 1970 or so (poor kid, story of his life, drowned out by his two older sisters). They almost certainly recorded multiple children doing play-by-plays, and some of the voices in this animation clearly aren't us (including, ironically, the one with the Brooklyn accent! "dawghouse"), but some of them could be. We all three remember the dog coming out of the box, and we remember seeing it on Sesame Street once and being so excited -- that's us! Though we probably didn't catch on that most of the voices, and perhaps all of them, aren't us). A little glimpse of our past!

3/19/08

No comments: